Water Strainer Mod 1.17.1/1.16.5 adds the possibility to filter water for common resources. A strainer catches general items (such as Sand, Gravel, Sticks, Clay, …) while it’s inside water. They are breakable, but can be build out of different materials to increase their durability. Water height/flow and biome type will influence the efficiency. Durability, idle time, loot tables and more are customizable. Water Strainer can also be used for skyblock maps.
There are currently two different types of strainer:
- Survivalist’s Strainer: Collects general items such as Sand, Gravel, Sticks, Clay, Stone, Planks (..)
- Fisherman’s Strainer: Collects all kinds of fish, junk and treasures
The Survivalist’s Strainer has 2 different sub versions – a wide and a tight one.
The wide version catches only big-sized items while the tight version catches only small-sized items.
Use the normal one if you want a high varity of items or one of the sub versions to collect specific items.
Idle Time & Durability:
The Strainer Base will attempt to catch an item every 25-35 seconds (by default).
Depending on the efficiency (section below) the idle time will increase or decrease.
Catching an item will damage the Strainer and use up 1 durability.
- Normal: 120 [1 Hour]
- Solid: 720 [6 Hours]
- Reinforced: 5760 [48 Hours = 2 Days]
A higher tier Strainer does not have a higher chance to catch something, it will just last longer.
Your strainer’s efficiency is based on its placement and increases/decreases the idle time (if enabled).
You can craft an Efficiency Meter to measure the exact percentage. The strainer is currently influenced by:
Still water / flowing water:
Still water (a water source block) will give you no bonus.
Flowing water, on the other hand, is more efficient and will increase efficiency by 10%.
A lower water level means less efficiency.
If your Strainer Base is more than 1 block away from a water source block, the efficiency will drop by 3% for each block. Which means if your Strainer is at the very end of a water stream (8th block) it will lose 6*3% = 18% efficiency.
So make sure your strainer is as close to the water source as possible, but not directly on the source to benefit from the flowing water bonus.
Adjacent Strainer Bases:
Every adjacent Strainer Base will lower the efficiency by 15%.
So if you plan to make a “farm” make sure to leave 1 block free between each Strainer Base.
If you build your Strainer Base in a specific biome the efficiency may differ.
The Strainer Base itself needs to be in that biome, not the water. Biomes that matter are:
- +10% Bonus – (Deep) Ocean
- +15% Bonus – Beach
- +20% Bonus – River
Water is not flowing and Strainer Bases are too close to each other.
Water Level decreases and Strainer Bases are too close to each other.
Water Level is high, water is flowing and Strainer Bases are separated.
Configurating the LootTable:
The loottable config is located at config/waterstrainer/waterstrainer_loottable.cfg
Syntax: strainer_name | CATEGORY | modid:item_name | metadata | quantity | rarity
- You can add multiple metadata by separating them with comma (Example: 0,1,2,3)
- Higher rarity = Increased dropchance
- All items in a category share the same dropchance
- If you need help finding the modid and itemname use advanced tooltips (Press F3+H in game)
- Use the category and item name BLANK to decrease the chance of every other item in the loottable
- 1x Ender Pearl from Minecraft with a rarity of 10: strainer_survivalist | PEARL | minecraft:ender_pearl | 0 | 1 | 10
- 5x Cheese from Pam’s Harvestcraft with a rarity of 5: strainer_survivalist | FOOD | harvestcraft:cheeseItem | 0 | 5 | 5
- 1x Manyullyn Ingot from Tinker’s Construct [Meta 2 = Manyullyn Ingot] with a rarity of 1: strainer_survivalist | INGOT | tconstruct:ingots | 2 | 1 | 1
- 2x one of all 16 possible wool colors from Minecraft with a rarity of 5: strainer_survivalist | WOOL | minecraft:wool | 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15 | 2 | 5
Automating & Compatibility:
The Strainer Base can be automated easily. Attach any kind of hopper or item pipe to the side of the Strainer Base to insert Strainer and bait. Use the bottom of the Strainer Base to extract obtained items.
You can add any kind of items and blocks from other mods to the loottable – for example iron-or aluminum nuggets.
(Does only work if the item doesn’t need any kind of NBT data).
How to use:
- Craft a strainer base.
- Craft any type of strainer.
- Place the strainer base inside a pool of water (the base needs water on top).
- Put your strainer into the base
- The strainer will now filter the water for items. The list of items depends on the strainer type. Items can be extracted from the bottom of the Strainer Base.
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.
Water Strainer Mod 1.17.1/1.16.5 Download Links:
For Minecraft 1.10.2/1.9.4
For Minecraft 1.11.2
For Minecraft 1.12.2, 1.12.1, 1.12
For Minecraft 1.13.2
For Minecraft 1.14.2
For Minecraft 1.14.3
For Minecraft 1.14.4
For Minecraft 1.15.1
For Minecraft 1.15.2
For Minecraft 1.16.4
For Minecraft 1.16.5
For Minecraft 1.17.1