Villager Soldiers Data Pack (1.18.2, 1.17.1) introduces a new type of villager into Minecraft. Normally, villagers can’t defend themselves. They rely on the iron golem that they create or the players to help them out. What if villagers are now armed with a weapon and can fight for themselves? This data pack adds a new villager profession called the “Villager Archers.” Villager Archers are armed with bows and arrows and can shoot hostile mobs!
- A new villager has 20% chance to be a Villager Archer.
- A villager can become Villager Archer after picking up a bow.
How to Install:
Please note that this data pack requires the appropriate resource pack and will not work with out it. Make sure to install that as well!
- Download the data pack and its resource pack from the link below.
- Launch Minecraft. At the main menu, choose Options…, then click on Resource Packs…, choose Open Resource Pack Folder. A window will pop out. You should drop the resource pack compressed file you have just downloaded into that folder. Then activate the resource pack by clicking on the triangle button on its thumbnail. (If you don’t see the resource pack, press Done then click on Resource Packs… again.)
- Go back to the main menu by pressing on Done button twice. Select Singleplayer.
- Select the world you want to install this data pack, then click on Edit button at the bottom of the screen. Choose Open World Folder. A window will pop out. Open datapacks folder. Now you should drop the data pack compressed file you have just downloaded into that folder.
- Back to the game, press Save to complete.
- Enter the world and enjoy. If you didn’t get the installation message, run the command /reload. If you cannot use /reload command, you should create a new world.