- Goats usually spawn as a group of two to three goats above opaque blocks on mountains at the surface at a light level of 7 or higher. Goats spawn individually and more uncommonly after the world generation.
- Goat can jump as high as 10 blocks, they also take a lot less fall damages as well.
- Every 30 to 300 seconds, if a goat has seen a mob (except for other goats and ghasts) or player who has not moved during the checking interval, it attacks by ramming from up to 16 blocks away (goats do not ram players when playing on the peaceful difficulty.
Currently, in this version of Minecraft, Goat can only used to get milk. However, with this data pack installed, goat will get some new features.
- Goat when dies will now also drop 1-3 raw mutton.
- When a goat rams into a player, it will drop a new block called Goat Horn.
- Goat Horn when placed down will give the player Jump Boost IV when they stand on it.
How to Install:
- Download the data pack from the link below.
- Launch Minecraft. At the main menu, choose Singleplayer.
- Select the world you want to install this data pack, then click on Edit button at the bottom of the screen. Choose Open World Folder. A window will pop out — open datapacks folder. Now you should drop the data pack compressed file you have just downloaded into that folder.
- Back to the game, press Save to complete.
- Enter the world and enjoy it. If you didn’t get the installation message, run the command /reload. If you cannot use /reload command, you should create a new world.
Useful Goats Data Pack Download Link:
For Minecraft 1.17: