The Glowing Atlas Data Pack 1.18, 1.17.1 introduces a new structure that spawns on the ocean floor. The ocean is one of the weakest biomes in Minecraft, for it is pretty empty. This data pack is one of the many modifications made to the game to fix this issue. The Glowing Atlas is a small altar that exists in deep ocean biomes. Here, you can find a new hostile mob called the Copper Fish. The Copper Fish are dangerous as they always hunt in swarms and can quickly dispatch a player. Additionally, the Copper Fish are there to protect the treasure underneath the altar, a new music disc called “Storm.” Have fun!
- New structure and mob for the ocean.
How to Install:
Please note that this data pack requires the appropriate resource pack and will not work with out it. Make sure to install that as well!
- Download the data pack and its resource pack from the link below.
- Launch Minecraft. At the main menu, choose Options…, then click on Resource Packs…, choose Open Resource Pack Folder. A window will pop out. You should drop the resource pack compressed file you have just downloaded into that folder. Then activate the resource pack by clicking on the triangle button on its thumbnail. (If you don’t see the resource pack, press Done then click on Resource Packs… again.)
- Go back to the main menu by pressing on Done button twice. Select Singleplayer.
- Select the world you want to install this data pack, then click on Edit button at the bottom of the screen. Choose Open World Folder. A window will pop out. Open datapacks folder. Now you should drop the data pack compressed file you have just downloaded into that folder.
- Back to the game, press Save to complete.
- Enter the world and enjoy. If you didn’t get the installation message, run the command /reload. If you cannot use /reload command, you should create a new world.
The Glowing Atlas Data Pack 1.18, 1.17.1 Download Links:
For Minecraft 1.18, 1.17.1
Data Pack: Download from Server 1 – Download from Server 2
Resource Pack: Download from Server 1 – Download from Server 2