Silent Gear Mod 1.17.1/1.16.5 is essentially the tool and armor system from Silent’s Gems, moved to its own mod and rewritten from scratch. The mod is not complete, but it is playable in survival. The mod focuses on tools, weapons, and armor (collectively called gear). Recipes are modular, down to each individual piece used in crafting. Possible combinations for each gear type are practically unlimited. In the base mod, gear can be made from all the vanilla materials you are familiar with, plus some extras. Mods can add their own materials and materials can also be defined in the config folder.
- Tools, weapons, and armor. All of them share much of the same code. If you can do something with tools, odds are you can do the same with armor, and so on. They also extend vanilla classes, which means they should work with anything that requires vanilla tools (Ender IO farming stations, for example). They can be enchanted and repaired through normal means (I even fixed the enchanted glow effect this time!)
- Tools – pickaxe, shovel, axe, mattock (replaces hoe), hammer (AOE pickaxe), excavator (AOE shovel), and sickle. More to come!
- Weapons – swords, daggers, katanas, machetes, and bows
- Armor – In Silent’s Gems, armor was kind of tacked on later in development, so it had some bugs and inconsistencies. In Silent Gear, armor was considered from the beginning.
- Tweak it! Ever wanted to customize the stats of specific gear classes? Now you can!
- Gear Parts (Materials)
- Basic “vanilla” materials are included in the mod. These include wood, stone, flint, terracotta (bricks), netherrack, iron, gold, diamond, emerald, and obsidian. Hover over the item and hold the ctrl key to see material stats.
- Tweak everything! Modify existing materials or define your own.
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge and Silent Lib.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.
Silent Gear Mod 1.17.1/1.16.5 Download Links:
For Minecraft 1.12.2
For Minecraft 1.13.2
For Minecraft 1.14.3/1.14.2
For Minecraft 1.14.4
For Minecraft 1.15.2
For Minecraft 1.16.1
For Minecraft 1.16.3
For Minecraft 1.16.4
For Minecraft 1.16.5
For Minecraft 1.17.1