Scoria Data Pack (1.18.1, 1.17.1) introduces a new block that acts as a sponge for lava. The sponge block is useful in Minecraft because of its water absorption feature. This feature can save you a lot of time clearing out a large water area. Scoria is a sponge but works for lava. Instead of absorbing water, Scoria can absorb lava for you. Scoria can be found in Bastion treasure chests or they can be dropped by Piglin Brutes. Scoria when used will turn into Molten Scoria. To turn Molten Scoria back into Scoria, you need to drop the Molten Scoria with 8 Ice blocks on the ground.
- New block – Scoria.
- Scoria can absorb lava and turns into Molten Scoria.
How to Install:
Please note that this data pack requires the appropriate resource pack and will not work with out it. Make sure to install that as well!
- Download the data pack and its resource pack from the link below.
- Launch Minecraft. At the main menu, choose Options…, then click on Resource Packs…, choose Open Resource Pack Folder. A window will pop out. You should drop the resource pack compressed file you have just downloaded into that folder. Then activate the resource pack by clicking on the triangle button on its thumbnail. (If you don’t see the resource pack, press Done then click on Resource Packs… again.)
- Go back to the main menu by pressing on Done button twice. Select Singleplayer.
- Select the world you want to install this data pack, then click on Edit button at the bottom of the screen. Choose Open World Folder. A window will pop out. Open datapacks folder. Now you should drop the data pack compressed file you have just downloaded into that folder.
- Back to the game, press Save to complete.
- Enter the world and enjoy. If you didn’t get the installation message, run the command /reload. If you cannot use /reload command, you should create a new world.