Have you ever felt like getting a full set of diamond armor is too quick and easy?
Well, you’re in the right place. Ores Above Diamonds Mod 1.16.5/1.15.2 adds the Amethyst and Black Opal, late-game gems that are far rarer than diamonds, yet also noticeably more powerful. As of the newest version, now with nether and end ore support! (By default they are disabled. To enable nether and end ores, they must be enabled in the config and will only take effect in freshly generated chunks.)
- Mined by a Diamond Pickaxe.
- 4x rarer than Diamonds.
- +50% Efficiency from Diamond.
- 3.5x Durability from Diamond.
- +1 Attack Damage from Diamond (Amethyst Sword gives 8 Attack Damage while the Diamond Sword gives 7 Attack Damage).
- +25 Enchantability from Diamond (Diamond has 10 Enchantability, Gold has 25 Enchantability, Amethyst has 35 Enchantability).
- +2 Toughness per armor piece from Diamond (Diamond gives 2 Toughness, Amethyst gives 4 Toughness).
- 84% Damage Reduction with full set (compared to 80% with a set of Diamond):
- From the values above, this means the effective health of the full Amethyst set is +25% more than a Diamond set (No armor effective health = 10 full hearts, Amethyst effective health = 62.5 full hearts, Diamond effective health = 50 full hearts).
- Simply put, the Amethyst armor makes you 25% more tanky than Diamond armor.
- Mined by an Amethyst Pickaxe.
- 16x rarer than Diamonds.
- +100% Efficiency from Diamond.
- Infinite Durability!
- +2 Attack Damage from Diamond (Black Opal Sword gives 9 Attack Damage while the Diamond Sword gives 7 Attack Damage).
- +5 Enchantability from Diamond (Diamond has 10 Enchantability, Gold has 25 Enchantability, Black Opal has 15 Enchantability).
- +4 Toughness per armor piece from Diamond (Diamond gives 2 Toughness, Black Opal gives 6 Toughness).
- 88% Damage Reduction with full set (compared to 80% with a set of Diamond):
- From the values above, this means the effective health of a full Black Opal set is 67% more than a Diamond set (No armor effective health = 10 full hearts, Black Opal effective health = 83.3 full hearts, Diamond effective health = 50 full hearts).
- Simply put, the Black Opal armor makes you +67% more tanky than Diamond armor.
Enchantability helps get higher level enchantments for lower costs.
Toughness reduces the armor penetration from high-damage attacks.
Not happy with the balancing? Nearly all values are customizable in the .config file. An improved configuration file is upcoming.
(The config file in multiplayer servers will still work, however, they will not display the proper values to the players.)
If you are adding this mod to an existing world, the ores will only spawn in freshly generated chunks and not preexisting ones. This may mean you need to venture far into unexplored lands to have a chance at finding the ores.
If you decide to configure the mod, please make sure to do so before you load your world. If you do not, the updated changes will only occur on freshly generated chunks and not chunks that have already been discovered.
If you are updating your mod and your game crashes, please delete your old config file. For some updates, old config files are not supported and it may not automatically replace your old one with a new config file. It will generate a fresh one afterward.
Be aware of configuring the balancing for the armor items. Each half-armor bar gives 4% damage reduction. If the total damage reduction exceeds 25 (12.5 full armor bars), you will have 100% damage reduction before armor penetration and you will be nearly invincible.
NOTE: It is recommended to also download Overloaded Armor Bar to visualize the amethyst and black opal armor set bonuses in-game. Otherwise, they will visually cap at 10 full armor bars even though they provide more damage reduction.
Every Ores Above Diamonds item in one image.
Black Opal veins were manually surrounded by glowstone for visibilty. Amethyst veins are glowing.
Overloaded Armor Bar (Recommend)
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.
Ores Above Diamonds Mod 1.16.5/1.15.2 Download Links:
For Minecraft 1.12.2
For Minecraft 1.14.4
For Minecraft 1.15.2
For Minecraft 1.16.1
For Minecraft 1.16.4
For Minecraft 1.16.5