NetherPortalFix Mod 1.17.1/1.16.5 ensures correct destinations when travelling back and forth through Nether Portals in Multiplayer.
Ever played on a multiplayer server, built near other players and when returning from the Nether, surprisingly found yourself in another player’s base? It’s because of the 8:1 block ratio between the Nether and the Overworld. It’s really weird though that you enter a portal in the overworld, and then when going back through where you came. come out of a different portal in the overworld. This mod fixes that issue. This mod only needs to be installed on the server (but it works in singleplayer as well).
It keeps track of what portals a player went through in order to ensure correct destinations when the player is going back through the same portals. This is honestly kind of hard to explain in text, even though it’s a super simple concept. Here’s a comparison image instead:
Broken Mechanic (without mod)
Fixed Mechanic (with mod)
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.
NetherPortalFix Mod 1.17.1/1.16.5 Download Links:
For Minecraft 1.7.10
For Minecraft 1.8.9
For Minecraft 1.10.2/1.9.4
For Minecraft 1.11.2/1.11
For Minecraft 1.12.2, 1.12.1, 1.12
For Minecraft 1.15.2
For Minecraft 1.16.1
For Minecraft 1.16.2
For Minecraft 1.16.3
For Minecraft 1.16.4
For Minecraft 1.16.5
For Minecraft 1.17.1