A minimalistic configurable mod which allows the creation of custom named areas/towns with a radius or by biome using signs with messages via GUI or chat. Any player entering or leaving the area will receive a message, which is configurable in the config. Overlap of areas is allowed.
How to use:
The first three lines are part of the area name. The last line contains “[NA]” (named areas) and “” the radius in blocks around the sign.
For example, if you want an area named “The Meadow” with a radius around the sign of 30 blocks:
Whenever a player enters the radius, they’ll receive a message with the area name and the prefix/suffix from the config.
Instead of the , you may also specify a whole biome as a named area. You can do this by specifying the line last line as “[NA] biome” This creates a plains biome named “Far Reaching Plains”:
Any message can also be shown in the GUI or in the chat, or both.
Custom colors per sign:
You can set the global RGB value for HUD messages in the config, but specific colors per sign are also possible. You’ll have to sacrifice some space for the name, but may enter the (RGB) color code in the third line as “[RGB] r, g, b”.
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.
Named Areas Mod 1.16.5/1.15.2 Download Links:
For Minecraft 1.12.2
For Minecraft 1.14.4
For Minecraft 1.15.2
For Minecraft 1.16.4
For Minecraft 1.16.5