Dynamic Trees Mod 1.12.2/1.11.2 provides dynamic trees that progressively grow from seed to maturity. The goal of this mod to create more dynamic, aesthetic, fun and natural looking trees while respecting the Minecraft graphic stylization and enforcing a narrow project scope that keeps things simple. This mod works in Multiplayer.
A growing tree is a multi-block structure of rooty soil, branches, and leaves blocks that has many advances over the Vanilla Minecraft tree structures. The formation of the tree starts with a seed. This seed is either planted by hand much like a Vanilla sapling or the seed has a chance of planting itself if left on the ground in a suitable location. The tree then grows from a sapling, slowly increasing it’s size over time, into a full sized tree. The tree can then be chopped down at it’s base and all of the wood claimed at once.
- Grow progressively from seeds to mature trees over time.
- Grow in natural ways loosely modeled after real world trees and tend to grow in unique, believable ways.
- Grow around obstacles in a natural way.
- Are not just reskins but grow using different algorithms per species.
- Have growth rate and mature sizes that are biome, temperature and rainfall dependent.
- Drop seeds at random that can potentially plant themselves.
- Won’t grow in darkness. Leaves not connected to an outer tree branch or starved of light will die. Outer branches without leaves slowly rot away.
- Will die and rot in a dark place (some species produce mushrooms when they rot).
- Walking on leaves blocks is slow and sinking. Falling on to leaves prevents fall damage and destroys the leaves.
- Vanilla Tree Fruits (apples, cocoa beans).
- Provides nutrients to trees and can be depleted over time.
- Applied with bone meal will increase soil fertility and allows the tree to grow past its mature state.
- Applied with various brewed potions for different effects.
- Special effect particles are created on the entire tree when an acting substance is applied to the soil or bottom-most trunk block.
- Comparator can be used to sense soil fertility level.
- Biochar Base: Base tree potion for brewing.
- Potion of Depletion: Depletes soil completely so tree stops growing.
- Potion of Defoliance: Kills tree by destroying it’s leaves and leaving it to rot.
- Potion of Burgeoning: Quickly grow a tree.
- Potion of Fertility: Fully fertilizes the soil.
- Potion of Persistance: Stops tree from changing (Dynamic leaves are changed to Vanilla leaves). Completely depletes the soil. The tree will no longer grow, die in the dark, or drop seeds.
- Potion of Transformation: Changes an existing Dynamic tree into another tree species.
- Take the place of vanilla saplings.
- Are randomly dropped from trees (rate is adjustable in config file).
- Have a chance of self planting if setting on a dirt/grass/podzol block and has a clear view of the sky above it.
- Crafted from a vanilla sapling and a dirt bucket.
- Can be used to create vanilla saplings by crafting with a dirt bucket.
- Worldgen can be disabled to allow Vanilla trees to still spawn and function normally.
- All drops from growing trees are vanilla leaves, sticks, and logs. Growing tree parts are not obtainable in survival. Shears only obtain vanilla leaves.
- Rooty soil drops plain dirt when harvested or left without a tree it will return to plain dirt.
- Vanilla textures are used for wood and leaves making it compatible with resource packs that change wood or leaves textures.
- Seeds can be crafted from vanilla saplings and vice-versa.
- Fire spreads and burns at the same rate as vanilla tree fires.
- As trees drop seeds the forest line spreads.
- Trees compete for sunlight when placed near each other and grow taller and skinnier than trees in the open. This produces a forest canopy effect.
- Canopies block skylight producing dark forests where mobs can spawn during the day and saplings fail to thrive.
- Podzol forms from dirt or grass under the dark forest canopies of some tree species. Podzol is meant to emulate forest leaf litter appearance.
- Cutting the tree at it’s base will fell the entire tree.
- Thicker branches take longer to harvest.
- Whole branches can be removed from the tree without disturbing the main body of the tree.
- Harvesting results in vanilla logs and sticks the number of which is calculated as the total volume of wood in the tree or branch.
- Fortune enchantments on axes are actually useful and work to increase log yield.
- Leaves grow back when destroyed if outer branches are left undamaged.
The Woodland Staff:
- The woodland staff is a multi-function tool intended for use in creative mode (can’t be crafted).
- In the most basic usage it can be used to copy a tree.
- Right click on any dynamic tree with the staff to pull it’s JoCode.
- Next, right click on viable soil to recreate the same tree.
- The tree is also rotated based on the player direction.
- If the player right clicks a tree with the staff while sneaking then only the tree species will be copied, leaving the JoCode unchanged.
- In this way you can for instance create an acacia tree that is shaped like a tall jungle tree.
- Another feature for the Woodland Staff is that any JoCode pulled from a tree is also copied to the system clipboard as text.
- This enables a player to share tree models with others easily.
- The DendroCoil is a ComputerCraft peripheral that lets you manipulate trees, accelerate their growth, pull JoCodes and create custom woodland staffs. It has no recipe and thus can only be obtained in creative.
- This block is only available when the ComputerCraft mod is installed.
- Thin branches can be climbed like ladders. With a bit of gymnastics a forest canopy can be used as an archery ambush.
Oak Forest Plains
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.
Dynamic Trees Mod 1.16.5/1.12.2 Download Links:
For Minecraft 1.7.10
For Minecraft 1.10.2
For Minecraft 1.11.2
For Minecraft 1.12.1
For Minecraft 1.12.2
For Minecraft 1.16.5