Anvil Fix Mod (1.18.2, 1.16.5) removes the level limit of combining Items in an Anvil (vanilla default is 40), so you can repair Items an infinite amount of times or combine enchantments that would otherwise be too expensive to combine in Survival mode. There’s also a config option to remove the cumulative XP cost for repairing.
Note: This mod is technically not needed on the client, but if not present the anvil GUI will show the “too expensive” warning instead of the level cost, even tho combining items will work.
- anvil_level_limit: the maximum level limit for anvils. set to -1 to completely remove the limit
- ignore_incremental_repair_cost: whether or not to ignore the incremental repair cost for items
- stop_anvil_breaking: whether or not anvils can be damaged from using them or when falling
No more “Too Expensive!”
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.
Anvil Fix Mod (1.18.2, 1.16.5) Download Links:
For Minecraft 1.12.2
For Minecraft 1.15.2, 1.15.1, 1.14.4, 1.14.3, 1.14.2
Note: If Fabric API is present, you can reload the config ingame using /reload.